Let it Grow!
In Nursery we will be learning about growth. In addition to all of the wonderful learning opportunities below, Nursery class are hoping to have many magical moments to share with your children.
Personal, Social and Emotional
- To be able to play in a group with friends, and make up ideas of things to do and games to play.
- To begin to manage feelings and talk about emotions.
- To understand how others might be feeling.
- To put on and take off some items of clothing.
- To be able to follow the rules without an adult reminding me.
Communication and Language including Literacy
- Read, write, inc games and Fred talk.
- Starts a conservation with adults and friends.
- Enjoys listening to longer stories and can remember what happens in them.
- Understands a question with two parts like “can you get me your coat and wait by the door please?”
- Uses talk to organise play, eg “let’s go on a bus, you sit there, I’ll be the driver”.
- Focuses on a chosen activity for at least ten minutes.
- Is independent in meeting own needs, such as brushing teeth, using the toilet and washing and drying their hands,
- Goes up steps and stairs, or climb up apparatus, using alternate feet.
- Uses large-muscle movements to wave flags and streamers, paint and make marks.
- Continue to develop movements, balancing, riding scooters, trikes and bikes and ball skills.
- Able to eat independently and to use a knife and fork.
- Uses a comfortable grip with good control when holding pens and pencils.
Understanding the World
- We will develop an understanding of growth.
- Explores how things work.
- We will share ideas about how we can look after our world and put them into practice.
- Explore and talk about different forces they can feel.
- Develop fast recognition of up to 3, without having to count them individually.
- Experiment with their own symbols as marks as well as numerals.
- We will explore and use our problem-solving skills using critical thinking skills.
Expressive Arts and Design
- The children will recreate stories using small world play.
- We will use music to express ourselves and explore sounds.
- Use drawing to represent our ideas.
This half term we will be learning about the Easter season. Children will hear that Jesus came back to life again and that this was a happy time.